Augmented reality has taken a new dimension thanks to devices like Microsoft's Hololens or Google Glass. We learned a new way to combine the reality surrounding us with virtual elements that behave like real. These devices have very big restrictions in terms of cost, and therefore also their availability, which means that they are used in various applications in niche areas.
The main advantage of the AR presentation is that every product, change in the housing or purse ... and all thanks to a smartphone! Assemble it, we can see a new car model on our street, or a new armchair in our showroom. We have an unlimited number of applications for each industry and the ability to reach 3.6 billions smartphone users.
Once created, the application can be available, installed and used, helping customers to present their services without maintenance.
Since we have so many devices available to use, there is no limit to the transitions that are available from the AR for promotion. The same products are available that are promoted through augmented reality, with this technology has many applications, even in industries such as HR, e-commerce, medical, development and even entertainment (culture services). Wherever a single product presentation is required, AR applications work best. A product in a situation where the product is prestigious enough to show it in a whole new form.
First of all, the advantage of AR applications is their creation to meet the requirements, so they are always "tailor-made". Therefore, the virtual world is intuitive to use. The simplicity of use helps to quickly show the main feature of the product or service. First of all, the technological novelty itself attracts more attention and causes them to be involved in user activities. AR applications can be implemented in any offer of products or services.
When it comes to AR coverage, we can switch to two basic variants:
native applications published on iOS and Android
web application, i.e. applications available via a mobile web browser.
Both variants have their advantages, but mobile applications can use supported plugins that facilitate the embedding of 3D models and animations in reality, as well as work offline.
The web application is simpler to use: it does not require installation, just need to visit a web address. More devices are able to support augmented reality, not only the latest phone models, as in the case of stand-alone applications.
When it comes to the best offers using AR in products promotion, the availability of devices and users is undoubtedly an advantage. We offer access in this way for all smartphone and tablet users. An additional element is also the innovation of solutions that attract attention and engage much more strongly with the audience. In addition it’s possible to track users interactions with detailed analytics.
A great use case in product applications is the app prepared for the DomArt Style furniture brand, which allows you to place a wide range of chairs for your own interior arrangement. Thanks to the mobile solution, the chair manufacturer has at his disposal a tool that is available to every potential customer. Additional possibilities of presenting new products that are available in showrooms. Every customer has at his disposal a whole range of colors when it comes to finishing chairs and their used to apply interior styling. The tool itself is also a great advertisement for companies, showing them as modern ones. Thanks to the application available on two main platforms (iOS, Android), access to many new clients as well as interior architects was gained.
The creators of the Silesian theme park TwinPigs in Żory convinced themselves to use augmented reality. Due to many attractions in the large park, it was decided to prepare a mobile application with an AR map. Thanks to it, every park guest can check the sightseeing map and plan the optimal travel route in terms of the child's age (according to height). In addition, each of the points on the map is described in detail to get access to more information.
Before starting the production of the application, you will usually need a company book of characters to ensure that the application is well suited to the visual communication of the brand.
It is good to set the main task that the application should perform from the beginning. Technical side of scenarios will be on our side.
If you have your own inspirations, we'll be happy to see such examples. We will also support our ideas and solutions.
- Scenario - What should our application contain, what knowledge or information should it convey, how to transfer it to the VR environment in the most efficient way. Planning the next sequence of scenes, how to move.
- Planning and Project Management - estimating costs, time of implementation, taking care of quality control, communication between the ordering party and the production team and implementation of critical changes.
- UI and graphics - motion capture for applications - virtual environment look, interface look. Before designing ready scenes and interfaces, we will prepare proposals in the form of a graphic mock-up to agree on the final art direction.
- 3D models - Virtual environment and objects and products contained in it.
- 3D animations - i.e. sequences of movements of characters, machines and other devices that add life to the application.
- Programming - implementation of all actions and activities performed by the application user.
- Effects - voice over, sound and music.
- Tests - application operation in terms of operational assumptions and elimination of all errors in the production process.
- Publication - with instructions and installation material.
- Recording tutorials - from within the application for future trainee and marketing purposes.
- Maintenance - improving checking of existing functionalities.
- Development - expanding with new functionalities
Although the level of complexity may seem high at first glance, thanks to our coordination, experience and knowledge, we can efficiently create a product design that allows us to reduce costs, increase quality and save time. If you want to get knowledge, check if your idea is technically feasible, or simply ask for a quote, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com