Most of us already had a first experience with virtual reality devices or have seen them in action. Despite the growing increase in the number of manufacturers of VR headsets, VR is still mainly used for gaming. By affecting our strongest sense, which is sight, the perception of content is extremely immersive. Our attention delves into the world seen through goggles.
Is this technology used only for fun? As the growing interest of the industrial sector, health and safety, commercial networks or production companies shows - this trend is evolving very quickly.
The biggest advantage of using VR over traditional solutions is saving time, fixed assets and finally budget. The potential of this method has been noticed during all kinds of employee training. Active interaction with content allows you to remember complicated procedures or activities faster. An additional advantage is the safety of the user and the equipment that could be damaged during training. One of the most interesting examples is the training created for Jeronimo Martins to learn how to control the baking process in ‘Biedronka’ supermarket stores.
Due to the initial high costs - the primary beneficiaries of the VR application were primarily large government agencies or international corporations. Today, it is also a selection of medium and large companies, where the quality of service as well as the quality of training translates directly into the high efficiency of the company. The decreasing cost of VR applications encourages medium and large companies to implement this technology in their strategy.
Made-to-measure in our edition. Therefore, the virtual world is intuitive to use. Each environment is fully adapted to a given process by creating unique spaces, tools and scenes.
VR applications are primarily divided into interactive and passive. Thanks to the virtual environment, we can show a process or technology by embedding the user as a viewer or in full immersion to learn how to use complex tools.
Among the most important benefits of VR production is measurable results. For example, in training, every user, in addition to acquiring the necessary knowledge, has the opportunity to measure it. whether it is the sum in the final result or in an interactive form
Health and safety training in the environment of a specific production company with interactive elements and the transfer of unique practices related to special chemical protection. One of the implementations that we had the pleasure of preparing with our client was training and checking acquired knowledge by employees of a chemical company. The application was divided into three short scenarios that checked the acquired knowledge in practice through tasks to be carried out in a virtual canteen, in a changing room and in a warehouse. Thanks to our application, it was possible to check and confirm the practical skills of the client crew (numbering 200 people) during a two-days workshop. Participants were more willing to take tests and were more involved due to their interest in this modern training technique.
Training in the baking process including knowledge of procedures, operation of equipment, OHS and quality control on the example of standard work in the Biedronka stores network. To speed up, improve quality and standardize training of network employees, the company decided to choose VR to eliminate key mistakes made while baking bread as well as improving employee safety and training in operating equipment. This type of training brings the fastest results, because the employee is ready to work independently, maintaining strict quality standards, learning about the operation of all necessary equipment and procedures. By investing in VR training, the network has increased quality and safety, and has also reduced the number of accidents at work.
Anga has used VR technology to interactively present its products, technically complicated sealant systems along with the ability to show cross-sections, operation and assembly methods. Due to the complexity of the previous, classic presentations did not meet the expectations of the company's customers. Thanks to the application using virtual reality, the client obtained material for product presentations, installation methods and a tool that attracts the attention of visitors from all industries
Before starting the production of the application, you will usually need a company book of characters to ensure that the application is well suited to the visual communication of the brand.
It is good to set the main task that the application should perform from the beginning. Technical side of scenarios will be on our side.
If you have your own inspirations, we'll be happy to see such examples. We will also support our ideas and solutions.
- Scenario - What should our application contain, what knowledge or information should it convey, how to transfer it to the VR environment in the most efficient way. Planning the next sequence of scenes, how to move.
- Planning and Project Management - estimating costs, time of implementation, taking care of quality control, communication between the ordering party and the production team and implementation of critical changes.
- UI and graphics - motion capture for applications - virtual environment look, interface look. Before designing ready scenes and interfaces, we will prepare proposals in the form of a graphic mock-up to agree on the final art direction.
- 3D models - Virtual environment and objects and products contained in it.
- 3D animations - i.e. sequences of movements of characters, machines and other devices that add life to the application.
- Programming - implementation of all actions and activities performed by the application user.
- Effects - voice over, sound and music.
- Tests - application operation in terms of operational assumptions and elimination of all errors in the production process.
- Publication - with instructions and installation material.
- Recording tutorials - from within the application for future trainee and marketing purposes.
- Maintenance - improving checking of existing functionalities.
- Development - expanding with new functionalities
Although the level of complexity may seem high at first glance, thanks to our coordination, experience and knowledge, we can efficiently create a product design that allows us to reduce costs, increase quality and save time. If you want to get knowledge, check if your idea is technically feasible, or simply ask for a quote, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org