Most of us have already experienced or seen the use of virtual reality devices. Despite the growing growth in the number of VR headset manufacturers, entertainment is still the broadest branch, especially the gaming industry. By affecting our strongest sense, i.e. sight, the perception of content is incredibly suggestive. This causes our attention to be focused on the activities and the environment seen through the goggles.
Is it equipment created only for fun? As the growing interest of industry, retail chains or manufacturing companies shows, this trend is changing very quickly.
The biggest advantage of using VR is … saving. Where we deal with products with a large size, many varieties, types and versions, virtual reality comes to the rescue. Companies that incur high costs related to the transport of their products during trade fairs have noticed huge savings in renting the exhibition space itself. An additional advantage is the innovative technology itself, which much more attracts and catches the attention of customers. The advantages of a product presentation can also be found where we are dealing with technically complex products, which we can show in cross-section, together with details and cross-sections, and animation of operation.
Due to the initial high costs, the primary beneficiaries of the VR application were primarily large government agencies or international corporations. Already today, however, it is a choice for small, medium and large companies, where large savings translate into company profit. The VR presentation is increasingly used in the furniture, development and industrial industries.
First of all, the advantage of VR applications is creating them for specific needs, thanks to which they are always "tailor-made". Therefore, the virtual world is intuitive to use. The simplicity of use helps to remember technical nuances faster. It facilitates the choice when dealing with many variations of the version, e.g. many colors and variants of a given furniture collection. VR is also very helpful in spatial visualization when selling real estate, which is still under construction.
VR applications are mainly divided into interactive or passive. Thanks to the virtual environment, we can show the process or technology by embedding the user as a passive viewer or in full immersion and give him the power to choose which elements of the product, real estate are important to him. Each environment is fully adapted to a given process by creating unique spaces, tools and scenes. You can navigate them naturally and perform the same scenarios as in reality. The advantage of passive VR applications is the simplicity of their use, where the customer is guided through all the elements that we want to show him.
The development industry is a market where the real estate sales process starts right after the building, housing estate, etc. design has been created. To save time, until now, single 2D renderings have been used, which only show selected floor plans, views of the surroundings, or the body of the building. VR technology allows you to view several stylistic variants that can change in real time. The client has the opportunity to spatial familiarize with the structure of the rooms.
A great use of VR is the furniture industry, which by its nature has many variants and the size of the surface of the products it occupies. Thanks to the VR capabilities, we can transfer equipment in all color and size variants to the target space. In addition, we can easily and quickly match interior items before making a purchase decision. VR in the furniture industry can bring huge savings in terms of transport and rental of presentation space in a showroom or during trade fairs.
What is needed for the valuation and what does it consist of?
It is good to set the main task that the application should fulfill from the beginning. Technical side of scenarios will be on our side.
If something has inspired you especially towards VR, then we will gladly look at examples that you like. We are happy to prepare and show our examples and solutions that will suit your type of project.
- Scenario - What should our application contain, what knowledge or information should it convey, how to transfer it to the VR environment in the most efficient way. Planning the next sequence of scenes, how to move.
- Planning and Project Management - estimating costs, time of implementation, taking care of quality control, communication between the ordering party and the production team and implementation of critical changes.
- UI and graphics - motion capture for applications - virtual environment look, interface look. Before designing ready scenes and interfaces, we will prepare proposals in the form of a graphic mock-up to agree on the final art direction.
- 3D models - Virtual environment and objects and products contained in it.
- 3D animations - i.e. sequences of movements of characters, machines and other devices that add life to the application.
- Programming - implementation of all actions and activities performed by the application user.
- Effects - voice over, sound and music.
- Tests - application operation in terms of operational assumptions and elimination of all errors in the production process.
- Publication - with instructions and installation material.
- Recording tutorials - from within the application for future trainee and marketing purposes.
- Maintenance - improving checking of existing functionalities.
- Development - expanding with new functionalities
Although the level of complexity may seem high at first glance, thanks to our coordination, experience and knowledge, we can efficiently create a product design that allows us to reduce costs, increase quality and save time. If you want to get knowledge, check if your idea is technically feasible, or simply ask for a quote, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com